Sunday, October 27, 2013

NaNoWriMo

Hello fellow writers!

I'm very excited to announce that I will be joining up in the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). The goal is to write 50,000 (yes, that is fifty thousand... I didn't accidentally add another zero) words in one month. That averages out to about 1600 words a day. That's a lot of writing! I think it will be a super neat challenge, though. Obviously, if you don't complete, it isn't the end of the world. However, there is something about working hard and winning. Don't know if that will happen with me, but I'm going to certainly try! If I do get it (or even if I don't) y'all can plan on seeing a new book being released... *wiggles eyebrows*. I won't tell ya anything about it now, but suffice it to say that it isn't in the children's genre. :-)

If you'd like to join up, that would be fantastic!! Visit the link for the NaNoWriMo official site, and sign up! It's easy, free, and you get to have writing buddies! Can it get any better? Oh yes, add to the list that you actually have a super good excuse to skip school and write... just joking. I don't think that would go over well with parents or teachers. ;-) However, it might be a really good way to motivate you to write more. Get some buddies who can encourage you, write along with you, etc.

Happy writing!


2 comments:

  1. I am seriously considering doing this. =) I've never written anything longer than a letter, so I think it might be a good challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic, Samantha!! I really hope you do! If/when you do, let me know your username and I'll add ya as a buddy. =D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please keep them clean and friendly to all. I try to respond to each and every comment, so be sure to check back!