Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo Begins!

It's amazing how a few words can make a person ecstatic. I am completely stoked about the month of November. Of course, there are a bunch of things going on (including seeing some dear friends who live in another state!), but the main thing is NaNo. I've never done this, as I mentioned before, so perhaps that's why I'm so excited- I don't know yet how hard it will be! ;-)

50,000 words is a lot. Especially when you average it out 1,667 words a day (or something close to that!) What will be interesting to see is how much I'll actually get done in a day. Can I actually write that many words in ONE day?? Or do I usually write more on a regular basis? It will also be interesting to see if I can keep my procrastinating nature in check. I will be extremely busy this month (aside from NaNo), so that means I'll have to work extra hard and keep focused. However, I know that no matter how it goes-whether I fail or win- so long as I keep my writing glorifying to God and never give up, then I have already won. It doesn't matter what the word count is, or if I actually finish the novel. It just matters that I keep my mind and heart focused on Christ, no matter what.

Now, to my fellow NaNoWriMo-ers, lets get to it and keep at it! :-) To those who maybe want to join and haven't yet- it still isn't too late! It's just the first day, so you have time! Jump on in and give it a go! The cool thing, too, is that if you are under the age of 16, there is a youth division where you get to set your own goals. Sounds really neat! And you'll get to meet a bunch of other writers, too!

Well, off to write! Be sure to check for updates and possibly a few snippets from the book I'll be writing!

Happy NaNoWriMo-ing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah Elizabeth,

    I'm so excited that you're doing NaNoWriMo this year. I do have an account, but haven't actually done it yet. My brain is kind of tired of thinking up new stuff to write, right now. So I'm going to focus on editing, editing, editing! :-)

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!! So excited for you, and as always, I can't WAIT to read what you put down. I hope it has something to do with Farrina???? If not, then I know what you need to do for next year's NaNoWriMo..... haha Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! Please keep them clean and friendly to all. I try to respond to each and every comment, so be sure to check back!